The Golden Age of TV. So, what are you watching?

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。
Konrad
Wargod

Re: The Golden Age of TV. So, what are you watching?

Post by Konrad » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:41 pm

Balloonacorn wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Rewatching all Star Trek Series in Chronological Order
Now that is cool! Talk about an epic undertaking.
I watched more Discovery than it deserved. I know Star Trek is not about the science, but the writing, the pacing was just frantic and sloppy. Like a "huh?" "what?" plot device every 20 minutes. Very, very, very pretty star-ship battles though, got to give them that. I gave "The Witcher" a try. Some nice fight choreography and initially the rainy, bleak Grimms-Fairytales-for-grownups setting was intriguing, but it still came of dull somehow. Maybe I'll re-watch "Hercules* The Legendary Journeys" and "Xena: Warrior Princess in chronological order. :D
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:15 am

I quite enjoyed ep 1 of Picard. A TV show about an old dude walking his dog in rural France is just what I need at the mo :lol: (Actually, it is a pretty good show, so far.)

Re. Discovery. Interestingly (perhaps?) I don't generally like Trek stuff very much. Growing up in the 80s/90s/2000s I certainly saw a lot of it, and have a pretty reasonable working knowledge of TNG, DS9 and Voyager, but none of them really engaged me all that much. Discovery, otoh, I really like. I find the show to be quite well paced, actually, albeit far from perfect. And yes, the pew pew in space is very purty. I'm keen for season 3, to be sure.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:56 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:15 am
I quite enjoyed ep 1 of Picard. A TV show about an old dude walking his dog in rural France is just what I need at the mo :lol: (Actually, it is a pretty good show, so far.)

Re. Discovery. Interestingly (perhaps?) I don't generally like Trek stuff very much. Growing up in the 80s/90s/2000s I certainly saw a lot of it, and have a pretty reasonable working knowledge of TNG, DS9 and Voyager, but none of them really engaged me all that much. Discovery, otoh, I really like. I find the show to be quite well paced, actually, albeit far from perfect. And yes, the pew pew in space is very purty. I'm keen for season 3, to be sure.
Just watched the first few episodes of "Picard", and must say (unlike Earl Grey) is very, very much my cup of tea.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Balloonacorn
Warrior

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:34 pm

Konrad wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:56 pm
me_in_japan wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:15 am

Just watched the first few episodes of "Picard", and must say (unlike Earl Grey) is very, very much my cup of tea.
I just watched the last episode of Picard... well, I liked the first 9 episodes alot.
Malerion in transition

Balloonacorn
Warrior

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:36 pm

Ozark is back on.

One of the best shows on Netflix, not number one, but one of the best.

I can't stop watching...
Malerion in transition

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:15 pm

My mates back in Scotland are all talking about Ozark, too. I'm getting to the point where I may actually check it out.

I finished up Picard today. I really liked it, but then I dont usually like Star Trek, so make of that what you will.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:49 pm

I finished Picard and season 2 of Altered Carbon last night, and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Sure, the foreshadowing in Picard was a little heavy handed, but aside from that it was a pretty solid show.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:56 am

For those of us stuck on YouTube: Part V of Astartes was posted. It really takes the length of the video up a notch. I was liking the simplicity of the project, but with this video the creator seems to be really enjoying their creation. Well, I thought it was good fun.

https://youtu.be/eoCcpMW8fSs
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:16 am

job wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:56 am
For those of us stuck on YouTube: Part V of Astartes was posted. It really takes the length of the video up a notch. I was liking the simplicity of the project, but with this video the creator seems to be really enjoying their creation. Well, I thought it was good fun.

https://youtu.be/eoCcpMW8fSs
Thanks for sharing the link. I'm not sure exactly what was going on, but it looked great. Hopefully that lone marine at the end will get to smite something in the Emperor's name in the next installment. :D

Konrad wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:41 pm
I gave "The Witcher" a try. Some nice fight choreography and initially the rainy, bleak Grimms-Fairytales-for-grownups setting was intriguing, but it still came of dull somehow. Maybe I'll re-watch "Hercules* The Legendary Journeys" and "Xena: Warrior Princess in chronological order. :D
I just watched episode 1 of the Witcher. It seemed ok, but as I don't know the background from the games I'm left a little confused as to why stuff is happening.

Story: Witchers hunt and kill giant monsters.
Me: Cool.
Everyone in the show: Get out of town you loser.
Me: Wtf?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:40 am

@ Primarch: Well, his Chapter Master was smiterific even if he wasn’t exactly smiting an enemy of the Golden Throne. :D

This is not a full movie, but it was apparently previewed with all the other things of Warhammer TV.

https://youtu.be/ijg-4YBK_qs

Seems to be coming together nicely. GW has done themselves a real service by setting the bar so low with the Ultramarine movie (although it would have been awesome if John Hurt could have been cast in this one.)
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”