Shadespire

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Shadespire

Post by The Other Dave » Sun May 05, 2019 11:36 pm

As we had some people show interest in this game at the golden week event, I thought I might bump this thread so that anybody who is interested or pondering Shadespire can ask questions, learn more, chat about various warbands’ playstyles, et cetera.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 33 Infantry
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 6 Knights

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun May 05, 2019 11:42 pm

Also, in general game chat, as I started thinking about playing Badruck‘s orcs with my goblin warband later on in the month, I realized that one of the strengths (or “strengths”) of the goblins may be that they are all so weedy that they just don’t care very much about extremely dangerous individual models like the orc boss or the troll or what have you. Whether something’s attacks do two wounds or five, goblins are equally dead, so in some sense those models are wasting a lot of potential whenever they attack a goblin. I’m still not sure how to turn that into a game-winning advantage, mind, but thought it was interesting to think about.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue May 14, 2019 2:00 am

Hmm! So it looks like a) there will be an Underworlds Online computer game, b) it will be a more or less direct port of the tabletop game, and c) it will have (instead of microtransactions) a model similar to the board game, in that you get a couple warbands and a good set of cards with the initial purpose, and then can DLC further warbands - and everyone playing gets a steady stream of new cards. It certainly won't replace the TT game for me (one glance at the painting thread will show why), but it could be a nice way to play the game a bunch - basically the same model as the Blood Bowl computer game, which I also like.

https://warhammerunderworlds-online.com/
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue May 14, 2019 7:44 am

interesting. I can see it as a useful way to practice deck building and iron out inconsistencies. If it looks pretty enough, I could be tempted. BUT in this gamer's humble opinion, they'd be mad to make it anything other than FTP (for the base game/warbands). First hit's free, then you pay...
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue May 14, 2019 8:04 am

Yeah, giving everybody say, Steelheart's Champions and a basic starter deck for free, then selling warband-and-card bundles (just like the real game) as DLC would probably be a better way to pull in people who don't know the property. It's the business model for the AoS CCG application too, so it's not like GW is inherently opposed to it.
-----

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”