Shadespire

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Shadespire

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:26 am

ill wait till theyre both released so's I can get them both at the same time and thus save on shipping. No rush. We've waited gawd knows how long. Another week or two wont hurt.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:49 am

Looks like mid-September for the elves (in Japan, anyway - they're being released in the UK alongside the orcs). Something to do with the printing of the cards, maybe? *shrug* As you say, a month won't matter much.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 129 infantry
40K-iverse: 93 infantry, 2 vehicles, a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:24 am

Previews!

Hard to say what the multiplayer expansion will look like. It's got a single board and a bunch of universal cards, plus counters, but no models, so maybe one of those impossible to open plastic pack things like the gift pack was? Which would mean it's pricey. :? The play mode they teased - up to 6 people take one model each and you fight it out - seems like something they could have just put in another WD article TBH, although to be fair there may be (I hope there would be) more play modes in the book. *shrug* If it has cards in, I'll probably end up getting it to be honest. (The thought of rolling up to a game where you bring a single champion with, say, Zarbag is just hilarious though.)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... en-realms/

On the other hand, the 4th season box looks dope. Lumineth I'm fairly "eh" on, especially as they have one of the cow-hat hammer dudes (and the box art is doing their leader no favors either), but OTOH they also get a lady greatsword, and what we can see of the Slaanesh models looks sweet. Two four-model warbands in the starter set may finally be the sweet spot - 4 models seems to be the easiest to use in general. The fact they're including Lumineth lets me dare to think that Death may get Bonereapers, which would be cool. And the skink looks good too. I like how, since they have a warband for basically every faction out now they could release pretty much anything.
-----

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:40 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:24 am
The play mode they teased - up to 6 people take one model each and you fight it out - seems like something they could have just put in another WD article TBH,
They did already, that's where it came from! :lol: Like you I'm hoping there's something more there, the alternate modes are fun but I'd like more support for using your full deck in 3+ player games.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:43 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:40 am
The Other Dave wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:24 am
The play mode they teased - up to 6 people take one model each and you fight it out - seems like something they could have just put in another WD article TBH,
They did already, that's where it came from! :lol: Like you I'm hoping there's something more there, the alternate modes are fun but I'd like more support for using your full deck in 3+ player games.
See, there you go! :lol: OTOH if it ends up being a way to get the cards that came with those WD articles (like the avatar of the ur-grub one?) it'd be another point in its favor for me.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:26 am

Info about the universal cards in Arena Mortis is seeping out, and I'm... not sure. I mean, I'm going to get it, because the board looks good (especially for the Mournflight) and there are a couple of widely-useful-looking cards, but it mostly looks like they're good for Arena Mortis (which even if I play I'm not sure I'd want to go to the trouble of deck building for) or the Sepulchral Guard (which, OK, it would be fun to try to reinvigorate them with some of the cards in there). 6800 yen is... eeeehhhh for cards and a board, but in line with what I was expecting after the gift pack and the separately-sold boards.

Like the article mentions, it seems odd on the face of it that they reprinted cards for the skeletons explicitly using the Raise mechanic from AM and didn't do the same for the Skaven or the Grymwatch - but on the other hand, narratively the Skaven and the ghouls aren't actually "bringing back dead fighters" so much as "calling in more that were lurking nearby". *shrug*
-----

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:17 am

Yeah, unfortunately this is the sort of product we're they're monetising the superfans who buy everything, on the opposite end of the scale of the excellent value coreboxes and the decent warband boxes. We *could* just not buy it, but for my part I'm not that smart. :lol:

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:31 am

Also! I am thinking, Covid permitting, of trying again for a tournament in December or January, sort of a Direchasm Launch tournament. If there are any timing issues that would make things easier or difficult for anyone (and not just the three of us who are active in this thread, heh) to take part, let me know!
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:03 pm

I'd be up for a game in the winter, plague permitting.

So, looks like the elves have arrived here in Japan. I'm trying to set up an account on Ringtail, but it flat out wont let me. I try to register. I fill out the form. I click "register", it takes me to a page that says "click here to register". So I do, and it takes me to the same page I just filled in. When I try to log in, it says the user account doesnt exist.

Any ideas how I go about registering with ringtail? I mean, its not like theyre cheaper than GW. If they're going to make things difficult for me*, surely a sensible man just shrugs and buys from the mothership?

*also, is it not exceptionally bad webstore design where, every time a customer put an item in their cart, the store automatically takes them to the "cart contents" window? I mean, surely some customers want to buy more than one item, and making them click back through the entire store for every single color of paint they want is hardly going to encourage them to do it again, no? In fact, a sensible storefront would take them to a "you may also want one of these similar things" page. Or just, y'know, let em stay on the shopping page they were on anyway?

tl/dr : Elves are here. Now I can buy em. Gah! I fething hate Japanese web site design... :evil:

ooh, ps: If a man on a budget wanted to pick up a few contrast paints, and already had militarum green and darkoath flesh, what would said chap be best advised to buy?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Re: Ring-tail - Try emailing them about the account/order. The owner is really helpful.
As for the standard of their webstore, for a one-man operation (I believe), it's not a bad level of service. The site has been up and running longer than NagoyaHammer, and while it may not be as up to date as newer sites, web design doesn't come cheap.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”